Church of San Antonio Abad(Site of Cultural Interest)
The Church of San Antonio Abad, the main religious building in Fuencaliente, dates from 1576; In those early years it appeared as a hermitage attached to La Parroquia de Mazo. The residents of Fuencaliente arguing for reasons of remoteness, requested the segregation of that church. And it was not until 1832 when the agreement to create the church of S. Antonio Abad was resolved.
At first, like most constructions of this type in the Canary Islands, they were made of masonry, wood and straw huts that, with the course of the 18th and 19th centuries, were extended from the main door to the choir.
At present, its construction of a single nave with a whitewashed hemp roof, has a slender stone belfry on annexes to the temple that was finished in 1866. Domingo Crespo was the one who built some beautiful stone arches in the main doors of the building, typical in the majority of hermitages and Canarian churches. Its bell tower, made by Estanislao Duque, dates from 1866. The Presbytery has a rectangular shape and measures 10 m. long by 6.65 m. wide and the frescoes on its ceiling were made by Ubaldo Bordanova Moreno in 1904, the same painter who made the frescoes in the two main vaults of the Church of El Salvador in Santa Cruz de La Palma.
In the church some interesting sculptures are preserved such as El Cristo del Entierro, El Calvario, La Virgen del Carmen and two images of San Antonio Abad.
Due to its architectural and patrimonial wealth, this church was declared on April 18, 1996, a Site of Cultural Interest with the category of monument.