Located at the southern tip of the island of La Palma, like faithful sleepers of the sea, these two lighthouses have survived historical volcanic eruptions. The oldest one that was built in 1892, after a long and expensive construction process, began to function in 1903. All its materials were brought by ship, and even the volcanic stone that was used for its construction came from a quarry in Arucas, Gran Canaria. Geological phenomena have been on the verge, several times, of ending it, such as the earthquakes at the eruption of the San Juan Volcano, in 1949, and the eruption of the Teneguía Volcano in 1971, which as a result of seismic movements, ended of damaging the building structure. Due to its poor condition, in 1983 it was decided to plan the construction of a new tower of about 24.15 meters high, next to the old lighthouse. In 2006, the old lighthouse was rebuilt to house the Interpretation Center of the Marine Reserve of the island of La Palma.